Misty morning’s and frosty starts, autumn is here! I’ve really been feeling the cold the last few mornings but starting my day with Porridge really helps. One of my favourite ingredients of the moment has to be ginger. Not only warming but also great for the digestion, ginger Porridge is the perfect start to the day. I’ve also added honey to the recipe for a bit of ‘get-up-and-go’. I’m finding I really need this on the these dark mornings.
Enjoy this Porridge recipe and enjoy autumn, as aside from the chill, it is a beautiful season.
Warming Ginger & Honey Porridge
Cooking & preparation time: 8 mins
1 1/4 cups medium oatmeal
2 1/2 cups water
Pinch of sea salt
Knob of root ginger (outer skin removed)
2 dessert spoons of honey
- Place the oatmeal into a deep saucepan.
- Add the water, stirring it in thoroughly.
- Place the saucepan over a high heat and stir the oatmeal for 3 mins.
- Then add the salt and keep stirring.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Then grate the root ginger into the cooking oatmeal. I like to use about 1cm of ginger per person but adjust it to your taste.
- Keep stirring the oatmeal for approx another 2-3 mins or until you have a nice, thick and creamy, Porridge consistency.
- Pour into bowls.
- Serve with the honey and eat whilst still hot, to keep you warm on an autumn morning.