Follow Porridge Lady
Subscribe to my blog
- Date announced for the 2019 Golden Spurtle World Porridge Championships
- Chocolate oat mug cake, believe the hype!
- Persimmon, the perfect fruit for Autumn Porridge wherever you are enjoying fall
- Stop Press! Winner/s!!! of the 2018 World Porridge Competition announced
- Recipe part two: Steamed Shizuoka strawberry buns; a recipe for making the most of Autumn.
Tag Archives: The Guardian
From savoury to sweet Porridge Lady shares lots of new ideas for great oaty recipes from The Guardian Newspaper. Continue reading
Do you like oatcakes? Do you like them made the traditional Scottish way or the Staffordshire version? Porridge Lady looks at the Guardian’s ‘Word of Mouth’ review of how to make the perfect oatcake and shares here best recipe too in this new post. Continue reading
Would you eat alone in a restaurant? Do you eat alone when away on business? After the BBC news story on dining for one, Porridge Lady would like to know your thoughts on lone dining in this new post. Continue reading
Porridge Lady has been nominated for the Observer Food Monthly Awards. Chuffed but still needing more nominations! PL explains in this post why she loves blogging. Continue reading
It’s been a busy week for Porridge Lady from The Independent to The Guardian Newspaper, a week of Porridge! In this blog post Porridge Lady shares a video for her winning Golden Spurtle World Porridge Champsionship dish ‘Oatmeal Spotted Dick’. Continue reading